Al Hakim Mosque in Cairo - Egypt
Al-Jam`e Al-Anwar (Arabic: الجامع الانور, Anwar Mosque, literally:The Enlightened Mosque) also Al-Hakim Mosque is a major Islamic religious site in Cairo, Egypt. It is named after Imam Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah (985–1021), the sixth Fatimid caliph,16 th Fatimid/Ismaili Imam and the first to be born in Egypt.
The mosque was originally built as an enclosure by the Fatimid vizier Gawhar Al-Siqilli (c. 928–992), but was incorporated into the extended fortifications built by Badr al-Jamali. It consists of an irregular rectangle with four arcades surrounding the courtyard. An unusual feature is the monumental entrance with its projecting stone porch. It is located in “Islamic Cairo”, on the east side of Muizz Street, just south of Bab Al-Futuh (the northern gate).;
Address: Al Jame’ al Anwar
Al Moez Ldin Allah Al Fatmi,
Qism El-Gamaleya, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Map for Al Jame’ al Anwar
Share and Enjoy