Aleem Siddique Mosque in Singapore
Aleem Siddique Mosque was built as a recognition of Maulana Shah Muhammad Abdul Aleem Siddique’s immortal work of spreading the faith of Islam and the message of peace in Singapore and elsewhere around the world.
Maulana Abdul Aleem Siddique, along with other Islamic activists, went on a mission to find a plot of land for the purpose of building a Mosque. They spotted an old surau (small place of prayers) at No. 90 Lorong K Telok Kurau (where the Mosque is right now). Moulana then urged the activists to raise the necessary funds to purchase the land and convert it to a Mosque. The land was conveyed on 25th February 1953 to Syed Ibrahim bin Oman Alsagoff, Ahmad bin Mohamed Ibrahim and Haji Adam Naina Mohamed Ibrahim as trustees of the All-Malaya Muslim Missionary Society (now known as JAMIYAH). The activists from the Society relentlessly raised funds and the Mosque was subsequently built on that plot of land.
The All-Malaya Muslim Missionary Society managed the Mosque during its early years. It was then managed by a committee set-up by the residents in the area. After the implementation of the Administration of Muslim Law Act (AMLA), the administration and management of the Mosque was entrusted to the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS).;
address:Abdul Aleem Sidique mosque
90, Lor K Telok
map for Abdul Aleem Sidique mosque
Share and Enjoy