Fatehpuri Mosque in Delhi - India
Fatehpuri Masjid is a 17th-century mosque located at the western end of the oldest street of Delhi, Chandni Chowk. It is opposite the Red Fort on the opposite end of Chandni Chowk. Fatehpuri Masjid was built in 1650 by Fatehpuri Begum, one of emperor Shah Jahan's wives who was from Fatehpur Sikri, and the mosque at Taj Mahal is also named after her.
The British had auctioned the mosque after the 1857 war to Rai Lala Chunnamal for Rs. 19,000. Later in 1877 it was acquired by the government in exchange for four villages and was restored to the Muslims at the Delhi Durbar when the British allowed the Muslims back in Old Delhi.;
Chandini Chowk Main Gate, Fatehpuri
Map for Fatehpuri Masjid
Share and Enjoy